As your children approach the teen years, things begin to change. But you can stay close and connected to your child as they grow older. This course gives you the roadmap and the tools to navigating the “tween” years – the ‘attitude’, the sense that your child is withdrawing, the sudden blowups, and how to set limits so that everyone is kept safe.
Start this self-paced, online course anytime to get fresh perspectives and practical tools to solve common challenges in parenting tweens and teens, and help keep closeness and fun in your relationship with your children as they grow older.
WHO IS THIS FOR: Mothers, fathers and carers of children of 9-13YO, but other parents are welcome.
YOU'LL LEARN ABOUT
- Your tweens changing needs and your changing role
- Five practical Listening Tools that build and repair connection with your child
- The growing challenges faced by tweens
- How to bring healthy limits
- Ways to meet challenges like Homework, Screen Time, or Pornography
- How to build strong support for yourself and your parenting
- Coursework divided into three “classes” covering the key issues in 15 instructional videos (15-20 min each) – so you can work through the course in bite size pieces
- Instant, unlimited access 24/7 for a year
- 9 "Listening to Children" e-booklets ($29 value) plus the bonus e-book "Supporting Adolescents". Topics covered: How Children’s Emotions Work, Special Time, Reaching for your Angry Child, Crying, Healing Children’s Fears, Tantrums and Indignation, Playlistening, Setting Limits and Listening Partnerships for Parents.
- No previous knowledge required – you will be taken step by step through the different concepts, models and techniques presented in the Course
- No specific materials are needed for this course. Taking notes is recommended.
- You can expect that it will take you between 3-6 weeks to complete the course, but you can take as long as you need.
- You'll need high speed internet access.
HOW DO THESE COURSES WORK? You can start anytime. Once you have registered and paid, you will be sent an email inviting you to join the online classroom. Once you have logged in there, you can start immediately.
WHAT IS HAND IN HAND PARENTING?
We focus on strengthening the parent-child relationship. We offer tools to
- build closeness and emotional safety into your relationship with your children;
- respond effectively to your child’s, and your own, emotional moments;
- set firm, warm limits for children; and
- get the support you need for the complex, and emotional, work of parenting.
These four elements are essential in addressing challenges in your parenting.
Unlike parenting methods that rely on systems of rewards and punishment, this approach focuses on strengthening your connection with your child and is centered on children's strong, innate desire to love and be loved. This fresh and effective framework is consistent with the latest research and results in long-term family success.
THE COURSE FACILITATOR
Patty Wipfler is the founder and Program Director of Hand in Hand Parenting. She brings warmth, compassion and the deepest respect for parents and children, as well as a wealth of experience working with parents and children. She cares deeply about parents, and the emotional work that we do. Patty writes, speaks, trains parent leaders, and develops resources for parents to help them lift difficulties from their children’s lives and their own. She directs the training of Hand in Hand Parenting Instructors all over the world.
NEED HELP APPLYING THIS AT HOME?
These online courses provide a wonderful introduction to Hand in Hand Parenting. Sometimes, however, it is great to have someone to ask questions of, and to talk to about what you are learning. Follow the links below to contact Madeleine Winter, the first Certified Hand in Hand Instructor and Parenting Consultant based in Sydney, and a Parent Coach of over 30 years. You can visit her web site at “www.madeleinewinter.com”
MORE INFORMATION: For more information and to sign up, paste this link into your browser "http://bit.ly/HiH-OLCourse-Raising-Happier-Tweens-RP" or click on the link at the lower right hand side of this page: "URL Visit Website" More info: contact Madeleine at madeleine"at"madeleinewinter"dot"com
This course is sold in USD $55 - approx $AUD71
13-19 - Teens
Open for all NSW districts
Thursday, 01 July 2021
Saturday, 31 July 2021
12:00 AM - 11:59 PM