Circle of Security - Term 2
Circle of Security is an internationally recognised evidence based program which draws from 50 years of research into attachment. It is run as an eight week parent group for parents of babies and young children.
The group is designed to enhance the bond and sense of security for both parent and infant in their relationship by:
• Giving parents a roadmap of secure attachment as a way to better understand their child's needs
• Inviting parents to reflect on their own experiences of being parented and how it impacts on their parenting
• Providing a safe environment where parents can focus on their strengths and struggles and benefit from the experience of sharing with other parents
• Increase parent skills in observing parent/child interactions
• Increase capacity of the caregiver to recognise and sensitively respond to children’s needs
• Support a process of reflective dialogue between facilitator and parent to explore both strengths and areas of parent difficulties
• Introduce parents to a user-friendly way to explore defensive process
For further information, see www.circleofsecurity.net.
Circle of Security Flyer-Term 2 2018.pdf
Map / Location
From: Tuesday, 08 May 2018
To: Tuesday, 26 June 2018
Early parenting group