Speaker Evening: Dr Samantha Hornery, Supporting Schools to Support your ADHD Child
Supporting Schools to Support Your ADHD Child
$10 at the door
As the parent of a child with ADHD you are armed with a wealth of information about your child, the challenges they face and ways they respond to the world around them. You are the “source” so that you can advocate for and support the environments your child participates in. The success of your advocacy and advice can be enhanced by sorting through what you know as a parent and prepare this in nice digestible pieces to support the people you want supporting your child.
In this session I will share some tips to help your child at school, including:
· Preparing a one (maybe two!) page summary of your child has had mean for their learning and success at school.
· Reviewing common assessments and identifying what their results may mean for your child (and whether you need more).
· Collaborating with your child’s school. Identifying the key information to help your child be as successful as possible.
· Types of Accommodations at home and school that could make life easier, including some great technology tips.
· Creating the best possible opportunity for your child for the upcoming minimum standards tests this year (we’re all still learning about this, but I can share what I know).
Tuesday, 03 April 2018