Tough Conversations Early Years | Campbelltown
Managing emotional encounters with staff or parents
Centre directors have a complicated and busy role where they are required to oversee many moving parts of a childcare centre. Having a confronting and often emotional encounter with staff and parents is a necessary part of the job and can be very stressful. Parentshop has created an engaging and challenging course that breaks down the structure of a tough conversation and gives you a simple strategy to prepare before the conversation takes place. We have trained hundreds of centre directors to take back control in a conversation and achieve a positive outcome for all concerned.
Expected learning outcomes:
• Improved knowledge of how to negotiate a solution to a problem using a scripted mediation process.
• Greater ability to remain neutral when someone becomes frustrated or upset and to manage their emotional distress.
• Key ideas to progress the conversation towards a pre-planned outcome.
• Practical demonstrations of how early years educators can manage difficult behaviour in others. Learn what to do and say to achieve better outcomes.
• Readings and literature for follow-up research.
• Training in how to conduct difficult conversations using a script to achieve accountability
• A training manual containing course notes
• A certificate of completion
• Lunch and refreshments
• A terrific opportunity to spend time with other leadership teams
Map / Location
Thursday, 15 November 2018