Tough Conversations in Child Protection | Canberra
The course teaches a method to:
• Identify and clearly articulate the strengths and deficits in parents’ caring capacity so that parents have a clear future work plan.
• Comprehensively gather information for holding a factual tough conversation so that as many facts (as can be reasonably gathered) can be brought to bear in conversations with parents.
• Defuse antagonism during a tough conversation while holding a firm line.
• Identify the important ‘dashboard’ markers for parents so that everyone has clarity about what is expected within a given timespan.
Please note that this is not a train-the-trainer course and it is not designed for the subsequent on-training of other workers back at your workplace. Participants will sign a training agreement to this effect on the day of training.
• Training in how to conduct difficult conversations using a script to achieve accountability
• Lunch and refreshments
• A terrific opportunity to spend time with other child protection workers
Map / Location
Thursday, 30 August 2018
Recent Viewed Events
On 30 August 2018