Tuning in to Teens
It teaches parents:
- awareness and regulation of their own emotions
- awareness of their children’s emotions
- to use children’s emotional experiences as an opportunity for closeness and teaching
- skills in assisting teens to verbalise and manage their emotions, including difficult emotions
- skills in problem solving
- improve communication and reduce conflict
The research evaluation of this emotional coaching program found that when parents learned these parenting skills, there were improvements in teen’s emotional competence, social skills, and behaviour. Teens with higher emotional intelligence have fewer mental health concerns, stronger peer relationships and greater career success.
This program runs over 6 weekly sessions of 2 hours.
Tuning in to Teens Term 1 2018.pdf
Map / Location
From: Thursday, 15 February 2018
To: Thursday, 15 March 2018
Tuning into Teens