Now and Next- 8 Weeks Program; Term 1 2018_ Evening
The Now and Next group program helps parents and carers develop skills to achieve positive outcomes for their child, family and self. Participants choose goals and work towards them in the program with new clarity and purpose. Now and Next is family centred, based on strengths and takes account of how adults like to learn.
Course Dates: From Monday 12th February to Monday 9th April; 6.30pm to 9pm.
The program is delivered in eight sessions of 2.5 hours held over 8 weeks. Through fun and engaging activities, you will:
- identify a vision and write goals for your child, family and self;
learn how to use our 'goal to action' strategy to achieve your 3 goals during the program;
- reflect on your child, personal and family strengths using the Now and Next Mindfulness colouring in book;
- identify your signature strengths and how to use them to achieve positive outcomes;
- learn how to create positive relationships with professionals;
- learn how to improve your child, family and personal well-being;
use an iPad to create a personalised e-book that documents your progress.
All participants of the program will have an individual meeting before the program commences to complete a vision and goal setting activity called Pictability, which helps families to identify goals for their child, family and self. Families then select three goals to take into the program. There is minimal time commitment required from families between sessions apart from working on individual goals in everyday routines
Build a network of support
Past participants have greatly valued the group setting that brings together families raising children with a developmental delay or disability.
A first of its kind in Australia, this parent led, evidence-based program:
- Provides a safe environment where families can openly share their stories;
- Builds new relationships and a network of support;
- Enables families to learn about new strategies and ideas from each other;
- Empowers and inspires families to “get in the driver’s seat” and take charge of their journey.
For more information, please contact Stacey Touma – firstname.lastname@example.org
Register your expression of interest through Eventbrite and you will then be contacted by Stacey to discuss this program and confirm your attendance.
The Now and Next program has been developed by Sylvana Mahmic (CEO, Plumtree) and Dr Annick Janson (Clinical Psychologist and Positive Psychology Researcher) both of whom are parents of young men who have a disability. They developed this program because they learnt that a positive vision and a focus on strengths is the best foundation for your child and family’s future.
Over 210 participants have completed this award winning program in the past 18 months. Watch this 6 minute clip here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=HrDyMqoHVD8
Childcare is not available for this course. Please do not bring your child/children.
Map / Location
From: Monday, 12 February 2018
To: Monday, 09 April 2018
Parenting course Disability Autism
Recent Viewed Events
From 12 February 2018 to 09 April 2018