Level 4 Standard Teen Triple P Provider Training
A broadly focused parenting support intervention on a one-toone basis for parents of teenagers up to 16 years of age. After thorough family assessment, parents set their own goals, learn ways to encourage positive behavior for teens, and teach their teens new skills such as problem solving, conflict resolution, and self-regulation. Over 10 one-to-one sessions, parents identify the influences on teenagers’ behavior and set their own goals for change. Parents also learn ways to use appropriate consequences for problem behavior (e.g. breaking family rules, taking inappropriate risks, emotional outbursts)
The Standard Teen Triple P Provider Training consists of a 3-day training workshop and a half-day workshop. You will learn how to deliver Standard Teen Triple P to parents, as well as:
• Early detection and effective management of teenager behavior problems.
• Risk and protective factors operating within families.
• Core principles of positive parenting and behavior change.
• Advanced assessment of teenager and family functioning.
• Application of key parenting strategies to a broad range of target behaviors.
• Strategies for promoting generalization and maintenance of behavior change.
• Identification of indicators suggesting more intervention is required and appropriate referral procedures.
At training, you will receive:
• Practitioner’s Kit for Standard Teen Triple P (includes Practitioner’s Manual, and Teen Triple P Family Workbook).
• Every Parent’s Guide to Teenagers [DVD].
For more information, see the Standard Teen Triple P Course Summary on our website:
Map / Location
From: Monday, 05 March 2018
To: Wednesday, 07 March 2018
Keeping kids safe