Level 3 Primary Care Teen Triple P Provider Training Course
A brief targeted intervention in a one-to-one format that assists parents to develop parenting plans to manage behavioral issues (e.g. rudeness, disrespect) and skill development issues (e.g. independent problem solving, dealing with strong emotions, positive communication). These focused consultations can be carried out by health professionals in the course of providing routine health care. Practitioners provide 3-4 sessions (15-30 minutes each) over a period of 4-6 weeks. Sessions can be done in person, over the phone, or as a combination of both. During the sessions, parents learn about what influences the development of teenage behavior problems and then develop an individualized parenting plan based on information sheets specifically targeting the parent’s area of concern.
The Primary Care Teen Triple P Provider Training consists of a 2-day training workshop and a half-day accreditation workshop. You will learn how to deliver Primary Care Teen Triple P to parents, as well as:
• Early detection and effective management of teenager behavior problems.
• Core principles of positive parenting and effective behavior change.
• Factors influencing teenagers’ behavior.
• Specific positive parenting strategies for promoting teenagers’ development.
• Identification of indicators suggesting more intensive intervention is required and appropriate referral procedures.
At training, you will receive:
• Practitioner’s Kit for Primary Care Teen Triple P (includes Practitioner’s Manual and Consultation Flip Chart).
• Teen Triple P Tip Sheet Series - Sample Pack (includes Positive Parenting Booklet and a sample of Triple P Tip Sheets).
• Every Parent’s Guide to Teenagers [DVD].
For more information, see the Primary Care Teen Triple P Course Summary on our website:
Map / Location
From: Monday, 12 February 2018
To: Tuesday, 13 February 2018
Keeping kids safe
Recent Viewed Events
From 12 February 2018 to 13 February 2018