Level 4 Group Triple P Provider Training Course
A broad-based parenting intervention delivered over
eight weeks for parents of children up to 12-years. The
programme involves five (2-hour) group sessions of up to 12
parents. Parents actively participate in a range of exercises
to learn about the causes of child behaviour problems,
setting specific goals, and using strategies to promote child
development, manage misbehaviour, and plan for high-risk
situations. Then there are three (15 to 30 minute) individual
(telephone) consultations to assist parents with independent
problem solving while they are practising the skills at home.
The Group Triple P Provider Training consists of a 3-day training workshop and a half-day accreditation workshop. You will learn how to deliver Group Triple P to parents, as well as:
• Application of key parenting strategies to a broad range
of target behaviours.
• Risk and protective factors operating within families.
• Strategies for promoting generalisation and maintenance
of behaviour change.
• Use of active skills training strategies in a group format.
• Group dynamics and common process issues.
• Telephone support consultations with parents.
• Identification of indicators suggesting more intervention
• Appropriate referral procedures.
At training, you will receive:
• Facilitator’s Kit for Group Triple P (includes Facilitator’s
Manual, CD with Group Triple P PowerPoint
presentations, and Every Parent’s Group Workbook).
• Every Parent’s Survival Guide [DVD].
For more information, see the Group Triple P Course Summary on our website:
Map / Location
From: Tuesday, 30 January 2018
To: Thursday, 01 February 2018
Keeping kids safe