Triple P Seminar Series
Seminar 1: Positive Parenting.
Practitioners introduce parents to the five key principles of positive parenting that form the basis of Triple P. These principles are:
• Ensuring a safe engaging environment.
• Creating a positive learning environment.
• Using assertive discipline.
• Having reasonable expectations.
• Looking after yourself as a parent.
Seminar 2: Raising confident and competent children.
In this seminar, parents are introduced to six core building blocks for children to become confident and successful at school and beyond. These competencies are:
• Showing respect to others.
• Being considerate.
• Having good communication and social skills.
• Having healthy self-esteem.
• Being a good problem solver.
• Becoming independent.
Seminar 3: Raising resilient children.
Parents are introduced to six core building blocks for children to manage their feelings and become resilient in dealing with life stress. These competencies are:
• Recognising and accepting feelings.
• Expressing feelings appropriately.
• Building a positive outlook.
• Developing coping skills.
• Dealing with negative feelings.
• Dealing with stressful life events.
Triple P flyer term 4 2017.pdf
Map / Location
From: Tuesday, 14 November 2017
To: Tuesday, 28 November 2017