123 MAGIC & EMOTION COACHING | SYDNEY | Manage difficult behaviour in children
At the completion of the one day training course you will have been provided with the knowledge to conduct the 1-2-3 Magic® & Emotion Coaching program, as either a three-meeting parent education course or to teach the program one-to-one at your center.
Please note: Parentshop Pty Ltd is the exclusive licensee (under trademark) of 1-2-3 Magic training for social services and educational professionals throughout Australia and New Zealand.
* A comprehensive manual to teach parents 1-2-3 Magic® & Emotion Coaching in a few one-to-one sessions or in a three meeting parent program.
* A slideshow parent presentation (not including the 1-2-3 Magic DVDs).
* Session-by-session guidelines for parents meetings.
* Lunch and am/pm refreshments are also provided.
AT THE END OF THE PROGRAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
* A licence to teach the program for three years. At the end of three years you will need to renew your licence.
* Some professionals find it helpful to re-train, if you wish to attend the courses again you are eligible for a refresher discount when you attend 1-2-3 Magic® & Emotion Coaching again.
* A certificate of completion.
The one-day 1-2-3 Magic & Emotion Coaching practitioner training program covers:
* An overview of parenting approaches in contemporary Australia.
* Coverage of contemporary thinking in child development with a particular emphasis on the differences between adult and children’s cognitive abilities.
* Sorting behaviours, what’s involved and the implications for how parents will respond.
* Common mistakes in parenting – but particularly the problem with too-much-talk and too-much-emotion.
* Processes of pattern-establishment and change including, how negative reinforcement works, the characteristics of patterns, how to interrupt patterns and extinction bursts.
* Response flexibility in parents and carers – knowing how to avoid getting ‘hooked’ by children’s negative emotions.
* Choosing your strategy – The three choices:
or use 1-2-3 Magic.
* Using 1-2-3 Magic: What it’s used for and what it’s not used for
How it’s done properly
How to implement it at home
How to avoid the two biggest mistakes of parenting
* Cognitive strategies parents can teach children
* Encouraging Start behaviours – 20 tips for encouraging wanted behaviour.
Map / Location
Monday, 20 November 2017
Recent Viewed Events
On 20 November 2017